Ecumenism or ecumenical relations: When Christians of different church traditions work to develop relationships, better understandings and cooperation amongst each other.
The Evangelical Lutheran Church in Denmark is part of the modern ecumenical tradition and is a member of:
- The Lutheran World Federation (since 1947)
- The World Council of Churches (since 1948)
- The Conference of European Churches (since 1959)
- The Community of Protestant Churches in Europe - the Leuenberg Church Fellowship (since 2001)
- The Porvoo Communion (since 2010)
At a national level ecumenical relations are managed by the Council on International Relations of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in Denmark.
The council has 13 members elected in each of the 10 dioceses in the Denmark, two bishops and a member from the Diocese of Greenland.